We both enjoy getting dressed up and going out so much. It was a fun change. I do admit though, at times I look and him and think, "I am married to Tim Gunn..." Cute!

I very strongly believe in dressing up for the theater. Even though it is old fashioned and in Portland it is not so much the norm.

We had a great dinner at 'South Park' an old favorite that we have not visited in ages. It was close to our Hotel and we knew we would enjoy the food.
We had a lot of fun at dinner. Talked very much, especially me! It was fun and yummy. It also felt very 'big city' getting the cab to the show afterward. Not something we get to do very often.

Riverdance was everything we expected. A fantastic story along with phenomenal dancing. At the of intermission we looked at one another and each said, "wow." It was simply fantastic.
My favrorite line was, "My mother taught me, we dance tall and straight, my father taught me, we dance tall and straight." The scene ended with the awareness of the black dancing culture of America coming together with Irish dancing culture. So similar yet so different. The show is a history of Ireland yet showing other cultures along the way. Very beautiful.
Taking photos was 'prohibited by law' so I did not, none to show.

We had a lovely late night city walk back to our hotel in the rain. Bill, and I love the city, the culture and the walking. It was splendid!

We got up and went to a favorite bakery 'Pearl Bakery' for breakfast (yummy as always) then headed over the river to IKEA. It was fun to do some shopping! New bedding for Michael & Laura's beds (I promise all white Laura) and to get a couple of cool art pieces. We like IKEA, such good prices!
We then headed home for a very long drive. Oh so much snow... It took about 5 hours (normally a 2 1/2 hour drive). It was fine though, safe and slow. I took many very snowy pictures along the way.I thought this was the most haunting.

It was so good to get away. We had a great time and are thankful we can do things like this!
Until the next adventure....
Leila
xoxo
p.s. Laura's Voyager got stolen Friday night! Such a bummer. I am dealing with that tomorrow....
My handsome husband. He is a good date! (o:

We can not wait till our next play. Although we do hope it is not raining....
2 comments:
fabulous! i'm all about dressing up for the theater too. old fashioned, I know, but how often do you get to dress up on the west coast, anyway? and I LOVE your coat! very mod. and if bill had less and whiter hair, he could be a tim gunn stand-in in those shots. sheesh.
also, i forgot to mention that you are gorgeous. seriously. and the umbrella pic is my favorite.
Post a Comment