Flight Information
Flight Departs Arrives Traveler(s) Seat(s)
Alaska Airlines 65
Boeing 737-400
Seattle
Tue, 04/14 06:45 AM
Ketchikan
Tue, 04/14 07:54 AM
LAURA CHIARAVALLE
2F
ACK! It is hard for me to actually believe this is happening but my sweet, beautiful, quiet little Laura is headed to Alaska tonight to have a most unusual experience! It will be quite the grueling trip. She leaves tonight for Seattle, has a very early flight into Ketchikan Alaska, the plane actually lands on an island so she then takes a ferry to the mainland. Hangs in Ketchikan all day (which she is more nervous about than anything, being very blond & fair she has been warned she is going to stand out)! Then late afternoon another very long ferry ride to Hollis Alaska. Then an hour over the mountains down into Craig where the 'Confidence' is in port at this time.
The Confidence is a small fishing vessel that her boyfriend (Stefan) works on and Laura is going to live and work on the boat for the next couple of weeks!
So wow, what an experience! She has warm layers packed and is ready to get tough! Commercial fishing is an quite an amazing industry. The Confidence was actually spotlighted in a recent National Geographic T.V. Program on Sacro Fishing (the season they just ended last week). I am not sure what type of fishing they will be doing while Laura is on board. This SHOW on National Geographic will give you a bit of idea of what her world will be for the next couple of weeks. The confidence is most likely in this show someplace, but it's not based on them personally.
I am nervous but I do know who the captain of this vessel is and know she is in good hands. He would never let Laura join them during the dangerous stuff. This will be a huge learning and growing experience for Laura and I am excited for that. Please do keep her in your prayers, I am a mom so there are worries in my heart. God's hands are the best place she could ever be though (o:!
x
~ leila
1 comment:
wow, what an amazing experience. I had no idea that was what she was doing! I am very excited and nervous for her! How brave and wonderful!
Post a Comment