There are times I wish I could reach through the computer and share insight, a glimpse into the future and a large dose of hope to those dealing with hard things.
My story of old is not super pretty and not one I am proud of at all, although I am thankful. Thankful to be in the future from it and to see so much good out of it.
I am one of 'those' women, I brought an end to my very young marriage so many years ago. I did this in shame and brought a ton of pain to the man who was then my husband and his family. I also entered my two very young children into a life of being shared.
The early days were hard, there was a lot of hate and mis-trust. My new and beloved husband Bill knew that peace was what was needed and did all he could in his power to keep it. His goal was protecting me from pain and anger and his heart and attitude rubbed off on me. Even when I didn't feel like showing respect, he insured me that showing it would pay off, for all.
Fast forward to years of sharing graduations, weddings and now grandchildren. The life of my ex and I continues as we witness our wonderful family grow. I am so thankful that we learned in the early years that the fight is not what it's about, it's about loving, raising, encouraging, teaching, enpowering, loving, enjoying, believing in, loving... our shared children.
I think I simply want to say, if you are in the fight I am sorry and I understand. I encourage you to find peace and respect for the other parent of the children you share. You have years and years together, they will never fully be out of your life.
In our situation I found that giving up my pride, my selfishness and truly humbling myself worked out not only for my advantage but for the advantage of my children.
Today when we are at a family event with my ex, his wife, his other children; we sincerely love and enjoy them. The hugs, the laughter and friendship is good and true. We never look back at the pain, always at the joy and love we share.
For this I am eternally grateful. I could've never accomplished this without my amazing husband Bill by my side and my most gracious heavenly father who's ways are simply the best.
For my dear friends dealing with the fight, the pain, the anger; I lovingly encourage you: Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up in due time. It is worth it.
I am so thankful we learned to share so long ago, the reward has been the richest of blessings. Our wee Penny with her Poppa & his crazy camel, Nona, Pappa Bear and Memaw, sweetness to the soul.


No comments:
Post a Comment