Wednesday, August 15, 2012

James 1:27

There's a sadness within my soul
It's one I wish I didn't know
I'd like to say I don't understand
But truth I know every detail and imagined demand

The fear that grips is filled with pride, guilt and shame
Wishing there were less that knew my name
My head knows what each expects and desires
The gift of giving it blesses and inspires

We look for purpose and search for meaning
Hoping we sail through gleaming
Traveling to far off lands and strangers
Confronted with reality our soul finds anger
We plot, we plan, we give to help our fellow man

When all along within our blood
We see needs that each of us should
They were there before
Just behind the shy closed door

A place where helping is quite hard
No glory or praise as reward
The day is long and the air is sad
Why didn't I see we are all she had

Willing to give my life away
To those unknown because of cause
Dear Lord please help me next time to pause 

In my search of self fulfillment and need to feel whole
Recall truths to me I need to know
Please help me to look not quite so far
For you've shown that glory comes with a scar

My heart became broken, messy and sad
I jumped too soon as an eager lad
Finding truth that lied within
The great assumption is my only sin

Thank you for the widow I can touch
The orphan who needs so very much
The strangers I love and care for too
But I need the life I live to come from You

 James 1:27 KJV
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

No comments: